- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 2 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 2 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Securing America: Defense Cuts Warning
With less than two weeks left for the Supercommittee, to come up with a deficit shrinking plan, the pressure keeps mounting. Now, the U.S. Defense Chief is warning Congress what could happen if they don’t get the job done.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady has more in our ongoing series on national security:
If the Supercommittee fails to reach agreement triggering automatic cuts, Secretary Leon Panetta says it would virtually double the cuts Defense is facing, and lead to across the board reductions. Reiterating the warning of a hollowed out force.
Panetta: “The hallow Military has the organizational structure but lacks the people, the training, and the equipment it needs to actually get the job done.”
A paper tiger, says Panetta with low morale and poor readiness.
Panetta: “And is unable to keep up with potential advesaries. In effect, it invites aggression.”
He’s urging Congress to show the quote “necessary leadership, to get the job done.”
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.