- Bullet Points: Sending Your Ex-Spouse Off With A BangPosted 3 hours ago
- Could A Traffic App Be A Danger To Police?Posted 22 hours ago
- Stresses of Social MediaPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Securing America: Defense Cuts Warning
With less than two weeks left for the Supercommittee, to come up with a deficit shrinking plan, the pressure keeps mounting. Now, the U.S. Defense Chief is warning Congress what could happen if they don’t get the job done.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady has more in our ongoing series on national security:
If the Supercommittee fails to reach agreement triggering automatic cuts, Secretary Leon Panetta says it would virtually double the cuts Defense is facing, and lead to across the board reductions. Reiterating the warning of a hollowed out force.
Panetta: “The hallow Military has the organizational structure but lacks the people, the training, and the equipment it needs to actually get the job done.”
A paper tiger, says Panetta with low morale and poor readiness.
Panetta: “And is unable to keep up with potential advesaries. In effect, it invites aggression.”
He’s urging Congress to show the quote “necessary leadership, to get the job done.”
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.