- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 12 hours ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 14 hours ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 15 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Securing America: Defense Cuts Warning
With less than two weeks left for the Supercommittee, to come up with a deficit shrinking plan, the pressure keeps mounting. Now, the U.S. Defense Chief is warning Congress what could happen if they don’t get the job done.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady has more in our ongoing series on national security:
If the Supercommittee fails to reach agreement triggering automatic cuts, Secretary Leon Panetta says it would virtually double the cuts Defense is facing, and lead to across the board reductions. Reiterating the warning of a hollowed out force.
Panetta: “The hallow Military has the organizational structure but lacks the people, the training, and the equipment it needs to actually get the job done.”
A paper tiger, says Panetta with low morale and poor readiness.
Panetta: “And is unable to keep up with potential advesaries. In effect, it invites aggression.”
He’s urging Congress to show the quote “necessary leadership, to get the job done.”
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.