- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 10 hours ago
- IRS Scandal: Lerner Placed On LeavePosted 10 hours ago
- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 13 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 13 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 13 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 17 hours ago
Shooting At Virginia Tech Leaves 2 Dead
Gunfire erupted on the campus of Virginia Tech Thursday, ending with two people – including a Virginia Tech police officer – dead.
Virginia State Police Sgt. Bob Carpentieri says it began with a routine traffic stop in a university parking lot:
The suspect, who was not the person the 4-year campus police veteran had pulled over, then fled on foot. Police officers saw a suspicious individual in another parking lot, later discovering the man’s body.
Virginia State Police Sgt Bob Carpentieri would not confirm reports that the 2nd victim IS the gunman, but:
The incident brought back memories of a 2007 shooting at the school that killed more than 30 people – the deadliest school shooting rampage in U.S. history.
Dr. Charles Steger, Virginia Tech President, said that getting information out to locked-down students was much more successful than in ’07: