- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 7 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 10 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 15 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 15 hours ago
Walmart Pulls Baby Formula After MO Newborn Dies
A baby’s death has led the nation’s largest retailer to pull a shipment of a popular baby formula off the shelves. But Walmart isn’t the only one that carries the Enfamil line, and another baby in the same state has became ill – but recovered – from the same infection.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig reports:
Avery Cornett died of a rare infection in the southern Missouri town of Lebanon after consuming Enfamil Newborn Formula. Walmart stores, pulling the line of Enfamil because Cronobacter sakazakii, the bacteria causing the infection, can be found in powdered milk and baby formula.
(Gee) “Out of an abundance of caution, we made a company decision to remove the remaining product from our store shelves.”
Walmart Spokeswoman Diana Gee says it could return to shelves if tests come back negative.
Enfamil maker Meade Johnson Nutrition points out that the bacteria occurs naturally in the environment, and says the batch of formula tested negative for the bacteria before it was shipped.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.