- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 2 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 2 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 3 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 7 hours ago
- Rating The Best and Worst AirlinesPosted 7 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: American Cancer Society Turns 100Posted 13 hours ago
No Mini Malfunction: Mini Coopers Recalled Over Fire Danger
Tens of thousands of Mini Coopers are being recalled because there’s the potential they can catch on fire.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has details:
(Mini Cooper Commerical) “To launch the new Mini Coupe, we asked people to describe their version of the best test drive ever. Period. In six words.”
…doubt “the water pump catching on fire” was an answer, but that’s apparently what can happen. BMW of North America is recalling 89,000 Minis because a water pump malfunction can cause overheating and a fire.
No accidents or injuries have been reported, and BMW will replace the pump free of charge. The recall applies to seven different Mini models dating as far back as the 2007 model year.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.