- FOX CountryPosted 19 mins ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Coca-Cola 600 (Charlotte)Posted 49 mins ago
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 12 hours ago
- IRS Scandal: Lerner Placed On LeavePosted 12 hours ago
- President Obama Defends Drone ProgramPosted 15 hours ago
- Bear Breaks Into CA HomePosted 15 hours ago
- Hurricane Season PredictionsPosted 15 hours ago
- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 19 hours ago
Elderly Woman Found Dead in Home Under Piles of Trash
It has taken several days, but emergency officials have finally found a body under piles of garbage in a suburban Chicago home.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper has details:
72-year-old Margaret Scheibe hadn’t been heard from for more than a month.
Friends worried and a neighbor called police about a foul smell coming Scheibe’s home. Officers found garbage in a couple of cars in the driveway and piled up to the ceiling in some parts of the house.
Scheibe’s body has been found under some of that trash.
Justin Christian works with a company that has to clean out houses like this.
(Christian) ”When we go into situations like this we are provided with respirators, the heavy duty kind, so that we’re not breathing anything that’s toxic. We do wear rubber gloves and will fully suit up in rubber suits, if need be.”
In this case, police are questioning the victim’s 42-year-old son, who had been living with his mother.
In Chicago, Jennifer Keiper FOX News Radio.