- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 2 hours ago
- Tornado Strikes Near Oklahoma CityPosted 14 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 15 hours ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 18 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 18 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 18 hours ago
Aid Reaches Powerless Cruise Ship in Pirate Waters [VIDEO]
Armed guards are among the more than 1,000 people stuck on a cruise ship in pirate-infested waters. But with the help of other vessels in the Indian Ocean, they’re finally on their way back to land.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has more:
Passengers aboard the Costa Allegra are uncomfortable, but safe.
(Nicastro) “There is no danger for the life and for the ship.”
Italian Coast Guard Captain Cosimo Nicastro says an engine fire cut power to the liner, which was originally built as a container ship in the late 60′s before being converted to a cruise ship in the 90′s. Small generators are keeping communications on-line as it’s towed to the Seychelles, but things like air conditioning and lights are cut off, with passengers sleeping on the outdoor decks.
(Nicastro) “There is just emergency power, there is no light for the passengers.”
The ship is expected to reach port early Thursday.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the stricken Costa Allegra HERE: