- Underwater MysteryPosted 1 hour ago
- Housecall for Health: Kidney Stones & Sugary DrinksPosted 2 hours ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Coca-Cola 600 (Charlotte)Posted 3 hours ago
- Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Openly Gay ScoutsPosted 14 hours ago
- IRS Scandal: Lerner Placed On LeavePosted 14 hours ago
Transgender Woman To Compete in Miss Universe Canada
A woman who was born a man, but underwent a sex-change operation will be able to compete for Canada’s spot in the Miss Universe contest after all.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Stanley has the story:
For a while there, 23-year-old Jenna Talackova was an unhappy camper, barred from entering the Miss Canada competition next month because she’d had a sex-change operation four years ago, and the Miss Universe Canada Pageant said she must be “naturally born a woman”.
(Talackova) “I am a woman. I was devastated, and I felt that excluding me for the reason that they gave was unjust.”
Now Donald Trump, who owns the Miss Universe organization, says that rule’s being re-evaluated and Talackova can compete.
(Talackova) “I have never asked for any special consideration. I only wanted to compete.”
Trump wishing her “the best of luck in her quest for the crown” as he would any other contestant.
Chris Stanley, FOX News Radio.