- Deer Tick DangersPosted 14 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
Philips Unveils $60 Light Bulb, Claims It Lasts 10+ Years [VIDEO]
A new light bulb is on the market that claims to last more than a decade. The catch: the price tag. The new super-long life LED bulb costs $60. So, what does the typical consumer think?
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal hit the streets to find out if consumers are really interested in the bulb:
This Philips LED bulb can last 30,000 hours, and with a rebate, the $60 price gets cut almost in half. This man says he’d buy it after some questions were answered:
(Consumer) “I’d like to know what products are in it to keep that. Is there anything damaging to give that amount of power?”
Others say it’s a waste.
(Consumers) “If I sell the house, it goes with the house.//I can make a light bulb last for, like, at least a year and pay, I don’t know, $4.99?”
The people who said they would not buy it had some products they would like to see invented.
(Consumers) “A gadget that would let me know what women think.//Teleporting. I prefer teleporting over a light bulb. I’d probably go back to the medieval times.”
…Where no one would even ask her about a light bulb.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the new $60 Philips LED bulb HERE: