- Deer Tick DangersPosted 1 day ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 3 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 3 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 3 days ago
Officials Elect to Not Blow Up Frozen CO Cows
The Forest Service has figured out what to do with some frozen cow carcasses found in a Colorado cabin, and they’ve decided not to go with an original idea that involved blowing them up.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports:
Air Force Academy cadets found the dead cattle in and around the cabin when they were snowshoeing near Aspen at the end of March. Rangers suspect the cows wandered into the cabin during a snowstorm, then couldn’t get out, and they feared the decomposing carcasses could contaminate a popular hot springs about a hundred feet away.
The Forest Service considered burning down or blowing up the cabin. Instead, a team is carving up the beef, scattering it over a wide area. The so-called “Predator’s Buffet” has the added benefit of keeping bears and mountain lions away from the hiking trail.
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.