- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 3 hours ago
- Report Reveals America Under-Prepared In The Event Of Nuclear Style AttackPosted 23 hours ago
- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 3 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 3 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 5 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Spirit To Refund Dying Vet’s Airfare [VIDEO]
Spirit Airlines bows to public pressure to give a dying Veteran his money back for a flight he could no longer take.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports on Spirit’s about-face:
Spirit Airlines has a no-refund, no exceptions policy. Unless you buy travel insurance. Which cancer stricken Vietnam Veteran Jerry Meekins did not. And when his doctor told him he couldn’t fly:
Meekins: “The part that really got me was when they said well if you die before the flight, we’ll give you a partial refund.”
The way he was treated prompting an instant outpouring from Veterans groups and others:
Meekins: “I had a call from a lady who’s flown them for the last ten years. Twice a year to Detroit and back says she’ll never fly them again.”
Faced with a burgeoning boycott, the CEO of the discount carrier now says he’ll personally refund Meekins’ airfare and make a $5,000 dollar donation to the charity of Meekins’ choice; The Wounded Warrior Project.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.
Watch a VIDEO of Jerry Meekins’ appearance on FOX & Friends: