- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 6 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 7 hours ago
- Many Americans Sharing Streaming Service AccessPosted 8 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Spirit To Refund Dying Vet’s Airfare [VIDEO]
Spirit Airlines bows to public pressure to give a dying Veteran his money back for a flight he could no longer take.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports on Spirit’s about-face:
Spirit Airlines has a no-refund, no exceptions policy. Unless you buy travel insurance. Which cancer stricken Vietnam Veteran Jerry Meekins did not. And when his doctor told him he couldn’t fly:
Meekins: “The part that really got me was when they said well if you die before the flight, we’ll give you a partial refund.”
The way he was treated prompting an instant outpouring from Veterans groups and others:
Meekins: “I had a call from a lady who’s flown them for the last ten years. Twice a year to Detroit and back says she’ll never fly them again.”
Faced with a burgeoning boycott, the CEO of the discount carrier now says he’ll personally refund Meekins’ airfare and make a $5,000 dollar donation to the charity of Meekins’ choice; The Wounded Warrior Project.
Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.
Watch a VIDEO of Jerry Meekins’ appearance on FOX & Friends: