- Dozens Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 8 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 20 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 21 hours ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 23 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 24 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 1 day ago
New Approach To Treating High Blood Pressure
A new approach on how to treat high blood pressure is being tested by scientists.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Lacerra reports:
Even with prescription medication, millions of people can’t get their high blood pressure under control. Scientists now testing a radically different approach by burning away some overactive nerves deep in the body that can fuel rising blood pressure.
In small studies by the company Medtronic, those treated saw a key top number of their blood pressure reading drop 33 points, but they still needed their medications.
About 78 million Americans have high blood pressure meaning readings of 140-over-90 or higher. An additional 27 million will have it by 2030, that’s according to a report from the American Heart Association because they say Americans are getting older and fatter.
Lisa Lacerra, FOX News Radio.