- Tornado Strikes Near Oklahoma CityPosted 9 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 11 hours ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 13 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 13 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 14 hours ago
Homophobic Christian Pretends To Be Gay For A Year
Timothy Kurek says he “wanted to see if there was any justification to the fear I had.”
He told the Daily News the book will include details about how he interacted with the LGBT community, whether anyone could sense he was actually straight, and what his parents said when he admitted to them that he wasn’t really gay, and that his “coming out” was only an experiment.
Kurek admits his less-than-authentic journey cannot match that of an honestly gay man.
“I will be the first one to say that my experience is severely limited,” he told MSNBC. “There is no way I could possibly understand what it’s like to be actually gay.
“And the book itself is not at all about what it is like to be gay, but only about how the label of gay impacted my external life and how those things kind of altered my faith and challenged my beliefs.”