- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 5 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 9 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 13 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 13 hours ago
Government Sues Polygamist Towns
The Federal government is suing a pair of towns near the Utah/Arizona border – one in each state – in a First Amendment case. The lawsuit alleges that the towns kicked out non-polygamists based on their religion.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
A case of religious discrimination has been filed by the Justice Department against Hildale, Utah and Colorado City, Arizona, neighboring towns that are described as polygamous. Both, run by a sect led by Warren Jeffs, who is serving a life prison sentence in Texas for child sex and bigamy convictions.
(Hoole) “Any law enforcement agency that is courageous enough to look into this is gonna find a lot of problems.”
…Attorney Roger Hoole last winter on FOX13 in Salt Lake City. Non-sect members claim they were forced out of their homes by city leaders. An attorney for the town of Hildale says there’s nothing to support the civil rights suit.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.