- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 26 mins ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 2 hours ago
- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 9 hours ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Jodi Arias Pleads For Life [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- 50th Super Bowl Will Be In…Posted 24 hours ago
Gay Couple Sues VA Gym Over Family Membership
A Virginia gym has changed its membership policies after facing a lawsuit brought by a gay man who had signed up his family, then had their membership revoked.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler has details:
William Trinkle sued the Roanoke Athletic Club, claiming breach of contract and violation of Virginia’s Consumer Protection Act. He bought a family membership so he; his partner, Juan Granados and their son could use the pool, and two-year-old Olvier could take swimming lessons – but says they were barred from the premises with the club’s Operations Director saying they didn’t meet the state’s legal definition of a family.
Virginia doesn’t recognize same-sex marriage, but doesn’t specify what a family is either. The club, now calling its family membership a “household membership.”
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.