- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 4 hours ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- Apple Pie-Eating RecordPosted 23 hours ago
- The Doors’ Ray Manzarek Dies [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 1 day ago
Cities in Trouble
Add San Bernardino, CA and Scranton, PA to the list of American cities in dire economic straits. San Bernardino is expected to file for bankruptcy and the mayor of Scranton has drastically slashed the pay of the city’s public workers. How did it come to this? Tom takes a closer look.
Unemployed in America
Unemployed Americans are often stereotyped as lazy, prideful, and under-qualified, but are those labels fair? A new HBO documentary, “Hard Times: Lost on Long Island” shows experienced, educated Americans who are desperate for a paycheck. Why are so many Americans having such a hard time finding work? Marc Levin, director of the documentary, will join Tom.
Stop and Frisk
Violence is on the rise in many of American cities. But what are police to do when effective tactics intended to prevent crime, like “stop-and-frisk”, are under more scrutiny than the shockingly high crime statistics? Tom asks if there are constitutional ways to curb the violence in American cities.