- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 36 mins ago
- Rating The Best and Worst AirlinesPosted 1 hour ago
- Housecall for Health: American Cancer Society Turns 100Posted 7 hours ago
- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 17 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 20 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 20 hours ago
Housecall for Health: Device Uses Teeth to Hear
There’s new hope for some of those who have trouble hearing, but the repair doesn’t come through the ears.
FOX News Radio’s Joy Piazza reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
New technology is bringing hope to those who are partially deaf. A medical device called “Sound Bite” conducts sound waves wirelessly though the teeth and skull. It was created for people who are completely deaf in one ear, because the system transmits sounds from one ear to another, allowing full sound in both ears.
Nearly eight million Americans are born with single-sided deafness, and another 1.5 million develop it later in life.
Housecall for Health, I’m Joy Piazza, FOX News Radio.