- Housecall for Health: American Cancer Society Turns 100Posted 1 hour ago
- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 12 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 15 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 19 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 20 hours ago
Veepstakes Part Eight: Chris Christie
After dismissing requests to run for the Republican nomination, could New Jersey Governor Chris Christie be in line for running mate?
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern takes a closer look at Chris Christie in our ongoing series “Veepstakes”:
Despite repeated requests Governor Chris Christie rejected a run for the ticket’s top spot.
(Christie) “Not gonna happen. You know, I want to be Governor of New Jersey.”
Christie much like Romney is a Republican who won state-wide office in a far from Conservative-leaning state. Unlike Romney, Christie has a reputation for brash confrontational exchanges with reporters and constituents.
(Christie) “After you graduate from law school, you conduct yourself like that in a courtroom you’ll get your rear end thrown in jail, idiot!”
Christie acknowledges his struggle with obesity and often brushes off fat jokes from late night comedians.
And while a frequent surrogate on the campaign trail for Romney, Christie tells the Associated Press, should Romney not win in November, he’d consider getting into the 2016 race.
Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.