- Deer Tick DangersPosted 23 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
NJ Man Dies While Driving, 12-Year-Old Takes the Wheel [VIDEO]
It’s “fight or flight.” When faced with danger, you can fight or you can run. A New Jersey pre-teen is alive to tell her tale after a daring fight when her grandfather had a heart attack in his pickup truck.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has her story:
Driving his granddaughter home from a day of go-karting, Paul Parker knew something wasn’t right.
(Bowman) “He said, ‘Miranda, just keep talking to me.’”
Thirty seconds later, the 63-year-old was dead.
(Bowman) “I heard his head tap on the window.”
But his foot was still pushing the accelerator.
(Bowman) “I panicked and I started screaming.”
Then Miranda Bowman took her life into her own hands. She tried calling 9-1-1, but had no service. She climbed over Parker and pushed the brake. It wasn’t enough. So the 12-year-old looked for a way to force the car to stop.
(Bowman) “I just saw woods, so I went through someone’s lawn, ran over a little tree, then I took out three other trees and its stump.”
…Escaping uninjured. She credits her EMT father and the TV show “Law & Order” for preparing her for an emergency.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on Miranda Bowman’s quick thinking HERE: