- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 1 min ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 14 hours ago
- Apple Pie-Eating RecordPosted 19 hours ago
- The Doors’ Ray Manzarek Dies [VIDEO]Posted 23 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 24 hours ago
Isaac’s Impact Felt at the Pump
Isaac’s impact reaching beyond of the Gulf Coast. It is affecting your wallet as well, as the price at the pump rises.
Mark Mueller with FOX News Radio affiliate WRDU in Raleigh, North Carolina reports:
Hurricane Isaac has caused gas prices to spike almost five cents per gallon overnight, one of the biggest increases in a single day since Hurricane Katrina seven years ago. But Tom Crosby with AAA Carolina saying a lot of the increase is still based on speculation.
(Crosby) “A lot of it’s based on speculation. The reason the prices have been going up recently was more based on speculation than it was on supply. And so now some of that speculation means a great opportunity for those that have oil futures.”
He’s saying prices will continue to increase as long as the storm disrupts Gulf of Mexico oil operations.
In Raleigh, Mark Mueller, FOX News Radio.