- Dozens Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Apple Pie-Eating RecordPosted 4 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 9 hours ago
- The Doors’ Ray Manzarek DiesPosted 9 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 21 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 21 hours ago
New Concussion Guidelines Announced
For the first time in 15 years, leading doctors are updating their guidelines for dealing with one of the fastest-growing – and most spotlighted – health problems facing athletes.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the details:
(Sound of a football hit)
The American Academy of Neurology recommending any athlete even suspected of having a concussion be pulled from action immediately, not returning until they’ve been cleared by a trained specialist.
(Dr. Figler) “If the brain is allowed to heal, there’s a better chance of it recovering faster and possibly better.”
…Dr. Rick Figler of the Cleveland Clinic:
(Dr. Figler) “There’s a very small percentage of these children that are going to be going into the major leagues. Be protective of their future, which is primarily going to be their brain function.”
The Academy also releasing a “Concussion Quickcheck” app designed to help coaches and parents recognize signs of a concussion.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.